Sunday, June 15, 2008

Today my dad and I made a trip down to the state park for a hot lap. He had just picked up his new bike at the shop Saturday and without even bedding in the brakes hit the trail. Just a side note, it looks very similar to mine.




I finished my lap in 2:10:34 making it my second fastest lap ever. For the first 16 miles my legs felt good then went ad after mile 22. I mashed the final climbs till my shoulders burned. I was amazed that I finished as quickly as I did given the condition of my legs. I got back to the car and sat for some time before dad returned. I noticed a cool chain mark on my calf, to bad it does not say Sram on it. When dad got back he started telling me about his first trail ride on a 29er. He was amazed by the amount of traction the bike had. He said he could stand up and mash without worry of slipping out where normally he would sit down and gear down. It was great to see he enjoyed his ride on the new bike. It was also a relief to see that the 29er effect was real and that I`m not totally off my rocker.

No comments:

 

html counter