Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Parts Tuning

Today, Tuesday is my day off from work and instead of riding the trails I busted out my Dremel and file set.

-Shifters-

I recently got a my grubby little paws on a set of Sachs Quarz shifters.. these are a weight weenies wet dream. The set weighs in at 122.4g, 32g lighter than my tuned X.0 twisters but are only compatible with a 2:1 ratio...Shimano. I decided that I would use the front shifter only and after a bit of material removal I dropped 17g from my setup.

-Derailleur-
Some might know that I used a rather unique front derailleur setup that requires me to use a braze-on adapter. If you are unsure of what I am referring to then check this link out >Linky<
I decided to remove a little excess material from the adapter hoping to get my front derailleur set up down to 90g. The clamp started out at 30.3g and after some grinding, filing, sanding and bolt tuning I got it down to 21.7g unfinished. Currently it will remain unfinished until I get some more free time to smooth the edges out and polish it.


-Pedals-
I have a set of Crank Brothers Short Sl spindles heading my way that will be in on Thursday. I`m oping to drop a few grams along with a few mm`s on my Q-Factor. Hope fully I will not need to be looking at a different frame to accommodate this narrow Q-Factor.

No comments:

 

html counter