Saturday, February 23, 2008

New Kicks

I ordered these sweet thangs back in December 07` to replace my old Nike shoes which served me very well for the $60 I paid for them (thanks Roger) 2 years ago. Last summer I tried to place an order on a pair of me Sidi shoes and according to Sidi the model that I wanted was not in production yet. So I waited. Over winter break I placed the same order again and the shoes were delivered. I had my dad pick up the shoes at the shop and send them to me here at school.

These are the shoes.
They were alot stiffer and lighter than the Dominators that I tried on and they looked good! Their was only two small problems, they were 780g for the pair and they didn't fit. I had tried on a size 42 and 43 Dominator at the shop and from that measurement I ordered a size 43 Dragon. Even with a thick winter cycling sock they were to big. Apparently Sidi made a mold change a few years back and the shoes I fitted were from that era. The shoes are the equivalent of a 43.5 in the old sizing.

Carbon on the soles of her shoes, now thats one way to lose those riding blues.


I sold the shoes on ebay about a week ago for $235 and with that money I bought my next pair of shoes. A pair of Nike Altea 2 road shoes. They have a full carbon sole, (not just a insert) use three velcro straps, are light, and are SDP compatible. My plan is to Attach tread to them and use them as a mountain shoe. I will be testing them over spring brake in Moab, Utah.


No comments:

 

html counter