Friday, January 23, 2009

Uphill Struggle

The trails are still to snowy to ride especially with the warm weather. So (as much as I don`t like to admit it) I've been riding the cross bike on the road lately. I put a pair of 25c tires on along with a 53x16 gearing and its been pretty fun. The team has organized rides leaving from Bread at 1:00 on weekdays and at 10:00 on the weekends. The group rides are great for learning new rides and faces. While speaking of the team Crawford is no longer with us but we have two new "coaches" Rutie and Mike. We are now also classified as a "varsity" sport which hopefully will lead to better funding and maybe some scholarships.

I've been working on my cadence and low end power in prep for SSWC which by the way will be super sweet by the sounds of it. Some time here I will be making my bike in to a power transfer machine through new cranks, bars and stem. My hopes are the extra weight gained will be well worth the extra stiffness gained.



Schmidty has been brewing his own beer and it has alot of head.


2 comments:

Grant said...

Dub Jones what it do! I hope you're good and by the look of the blog you had more fun than I did over break. I toured the midwest, i.e. sharing time between MI, OH, and the ILest state of all. The coolest thing that happened was I slashed the tires of some bastard kids who knocked the head off of Margot's snowman in Michigan. Holla!

Keith said...

Damn who taught you how to pour a beer? never ever leave that much of a head

 

html counter