Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Stick Boy

I got a chance to rally my new (Skinny) tires on Sunday for the first time at the Knob and the performance was less than desirable. The ride was harsh and the cornering sucked but the flats and climbs were gravy. I could not find the tires sweet spot and after dropping pressure down to a 20psi front and 22psi rear they seemed to bite better but were squirmy in the hard corners. Super frustrating to say the least. It looks like these tires will be a dry weather/smooth course tire after all. On a more positive note they were Zuper sweet on the flats and even better on the climbs. I will most likely have to do a few more rides on them to get em figured out.
Today I did a good bit of house "work" and not much riding, I feel like a bum. But in my defense I have an inflamed right eye and a minor bacterial infection that I acquired from a run in with a bug Friday on my morning commute. I can’t were my contacts for a week and my old glasses are a little out of focus. I can’t read 1/2" text form 5 feet away. I can’t seem to get a break from all this bad luck...

I did manage to get my contacts in for a quick ride at the Knob on the SS rigid (lots of fork pressure(230psi) and locked out) bike and put down a 36min lap even after dropping a chain and stopping and waiting for new riders who were having a blast. I finished/installed a berm at the finish and rode it in a little to check for flow and strength. I have been trying to get more air off of the finish jump without adding more height, which tends to scare off entry level riders. The best way to get more air now is to hit the jump faster and the new berm really helps.


Ha! Your signs and fancy yellow digging machines can’t stop me. Detours are for cars.

Ha! Your signs and fancy yellow digging machines can’t stop me. Detours are for cars.This bucket must have been two feet tall three feet wide and two feet deep. I can just here myself now, "but daddy I want one nowww!!!"

No comments:

 

html counter