Sunday, June 1, 2008

A Rest Day

Well, yesterday I raced the Mohican 100k Mountain bike race in Lodonville Ohio. I went into the race hoping just hoping to finish and half way through the race found myself hoping I was in first place. I had done no prior training for the race other than my usual ride to work on my fixie.. slow pokin goin, hard as hell back. When I heard Tim Carson and brad Wilhelm had been training for the event I got it in my head I wouldnt have a shot and even thought about bringing my camera along for some sweet pics.

The race started in downtown Loudonville and shot us up the biggest hill out of the valley. I started mid pack and towards the top of the hill I found my self in the top 30 and before we entered the single track I was sitting in the top 20. At that point I was super stoked and had made up my mind on weather I wanted to go for a win. I saw Tim Carson on the side on the trail fixing a flat and later saw Brad Wilhelm on the trail side looking at something in his drivetrain which turned out to be a chain problem.

About 21 miles in I`m guessing. The Pack was gone (8min in front) and I was simply taking my time and having fun as Bob noted in his photo gallery.


Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.


At the 3rd aid station around mile 43. At this point I was feeling it (small leg twinges in places I have never had leg twinges in). Bob offered me some chain lube and I impulsively declined it and then accepted it three seconds later, I don`t think I was firing on all cylinders at the time.


Feeling vintage yet? My dad just after crossing the finish line. He did the 100k as well.


Lake Shot

Panoramic
(people were moving around alot)


My Sunday rest project.


Nice rims..


In the end I wound up in second by 9 minutes and my fellow club member John Lorson took 1st in the SS 100k race.


No comments:

 

html counter