Tuesday, May 27, 2008

A Groovy Good Time

My brakes are finally bedded in and are super strong. The first true test for them was last Saturday at the Groovy series race at Vultures Knob, which went like so.

First lap

I had a really bad start because I felt I could push a bigger gear than I normally would and as a result I entered the singletrack around tenth place. I sat in like I always do while squawking at riders in front of me to "hurry up pookie" and to "spank that monkey" and asking "who`s my little blueberry now?". What fun it is. After the first mile the guy in front of me decides to get off and run in front of me and John Tullis because he messed up on a climb. This made Tullis mad
and he almost stalled out which made me do a track stand midway up the climb which John Lorson (on a SS) did not exactly appreciate. I soon passed Tullis and two other Vet open riders who were in front of me and at that point I was probably in 6th place but I felt further back. The next guy I passed Tim Mould who let me by. Such a nice boy. I didn't see another rider until the

Second Lap

I was being harassed by two spectators in the over under area when I saw Tim Carson bombing down the ravine. I upped my pace in a n effort to catch him and while chasing him I was told by a trusted spectator I was in 4th. I eventually caught Tim and sat on his wheel and we chatted it up
until the start of the

Third Lap


I passed him quickly at the very start of the third lap and slowly dropped him and slowly gaining on Brad and Steve, but to be fair, Tim had rode the Mohican State park loop the day prior and was not race ready. I never caught Steve or Brad and finished third, which was good enough for me. John Lorson finished 1st in the Vet open on a SS rigid 29er and Wes Jones finished a strong 4th place. Well done fellas.

Any way the brakes worked awesome. The power was smooth and powerful... very powerful.

The post race events were so, so. Dr.Knob lit his super fuckin huge bonfire and negated all of the benefits of my zero emissions bicycle that I have been riding to work. The awards ceremony was thrilling as always. (if you don`t know what I`m talking about, theres only one way to find out) As the sun set the DJ (yeah, there was a DJ) started some music and the keg was tapped. I left around 11:00pm and there were plenty of people still there.

No comments:

 

html counter