Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Last minute fix

A group of my friends decided to miss a few days of school and head out to California for a NORBA race(Fontana). One of those friends has a SWEET hook up and had acquired a set of new rims for his old wheels. A few days before leaving he decided he wanted to replace the rear rim with one of his replacement rims and I gladly volunteered myself to build them. The rider is Dylan Stucki, A pro rider from Gunny Colorado who happens to be 180ls and 6' 4" and rough on rims.

This is a picture of the old rear rim.

The DT Swiss XR 4.2d rim was laced to a DT Swiss 340 Hub with DT Swiss comp spokes (24 black, 8 sliver) and Gold Alloy Nipples.
The Completed wheel.

The actual building process went great. The lacing was easy as usual and the truing and tensioning went extremely smoothly. In the end the wheel came out of the stand with less than 1 mm of vertical deflection and no horizontal deflection (rare) with even tension all the way around the wheel. This was only my 2nd time lacing to a DT rim and I was very impressed with the build quality. I will be recommending/using DT rims more often in the future.

No comments:

 

html counter