Sunday, June 29, 2008

Crossed Up

If I can`t ride my bike then I`ll tinker with it. Today I wanted to go down to Cinci to race at East Fork State park but my body did not. I have been fighting a saddle sore since Tuesday and since then it has gone from the size of a elongated dime to the size of a grain of corn. Despite its small size it has kept me off the bike for 3 days straight and I AM DYING to ride. Hopefully the combination of lots of Neosporin and time out of the saddle will kill this super zit.

Last night I spent some alone time with my truing stand and finished off another two wheels. I installed Stans yellow tape and a tire and tube inflated to high pressure to help pack the tape down. This morning I remove the tube and installed a valve stem and sealant. With my new wheels tubeless I cut around 150 grams and gained a more durable wheel (32h, 3 cross) and better flat protection. The bike as shown weighs 14.6 lbs, no pedals and 15.2 with pedals.


With more riding the rim braking surface will turn silver as the anodizing is worn off. The chain will also stretch out with more riding and will need to be replaced so it wont fall off.

I Love Mary


Good ol Moose Call, just blow over the tube.

No comments:

 

html counter